Tooth loss is natural as we age, and many patients turn to dental implants or dentures to replace their missing teeth. However, what if you could have fullness and sturdiness in one treatment? With All on 4® implant dentures, you can.
Contact Family Dentistry of New Jersey today for trusted multiple tooth dental implant treatment.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Benefits of All on 4 or All on 6® Implants
All on 4 or All on 6 implants are loaded and fully secured in the mouth in four or six different implants, respectively. These provide a permanent solution, revitalizing your smile with great oral health and opening up a whole new world of food options you can have again, from steak to popcorn. It doesn't stop there — you can also benefit from:
- A complete set of teeth in a short amount of time.
- Improved confidence in your smile.
- Eliminating further dental issues with failing teeth.
- Easy care for your teeth.
Conventional Implants vs. All on 4
With conventional implant treatment, your care provider would insert the base with one screw into the jawbone, allowing subsequent replacement teeth to be attached. By the end of the original procedure, you would have left with a total of six to eight implants in a fully supported bridge.
The All on 4 can do everything the conventional implant could and more with only four total implants. This solution is inserted at a 45-degree angle to avoid all jaw areas with reduced bone density. The procedure is also less invasive, shortening the healing and rehabilitation time.
How the All on 4 Concept Works
The All on 4 process has five simple steps to ensure this implant is right for you.
- Consultation meeting: A doctor will sit down with you, review your dental history, take a few X-rays, get a digital 3D scan and perform a physical examination of your mouth. Then, they will review your goals to ensure this procedure can meet them. Additionally, they will walk you through the procedure and answer any questions you may have.
- Gather diagnostic information and take measurements: Once you're qualified as a candidate, several measures must be taken to determine the placement of the implant. Some of these include the height of your gumlines, any overbite or underbite, and if you need any ridge reduction. Bite impressions will also be taken for a perfect fit.
- Undergo the procedure: The surgical procedure will be scheduled for a different day than your consultation. We partner with the finest oral and maxillofacial surgeons to ensure you have the best outcome possible. You will be sedated for the surgical portion of the procedure. The implant will then be drilled at a precise angle to ensure you will get maximum strength and stability from your new teeth. At that visit, a temporary prosthesis is typically fit onto the newly inserted implants and you will leave that day with new teeth! These will remain in your mouth for the duration of healing time, which is around three to five months.
- Recovery process: Doctors will go over the standard guidelines for post-surgical oral care. Pain medications can also be prescribed. A soft-food diet will be required for the first few months to ensure no complications with the new implant.
- Final prosthesis: After you have healed, you will come in for an appointment to obtain the final prosthesis. In the procedure, a temporary prosthesis is considered a placeholder to ensure everything fits as it should. The final prosthesis will be a permanent fixture of your new replacement teeth.
Contact FDNJ Today to Request a Consultation
If you are interested in learning more about what All on 4 dental implants are, contact Family Dentistry of New Jersey to see how we can help. We look forward to hearing from you!